Paramount Features & Benefits
Thermal Technology Benefits:
- Direct Digital Gas Mass Flow – You no longer need pressure and temperature compensation with “mass flow” versus measuring with a “volumetric flow” meter.
- Accuracy and Repeatability – Why sacrifice one when you can have both precision and reproducibility?
- Wide Turndown – High rangeability means accurate measurement over a wide flow range covering a 100 to 1 turndown with a resolution of 1000 to 1.
- Low-End Sensitivity – Measure accurately as low as 5 SFPM (e.g., 1 SCFM in a 6″ pipe).
- Negligible Pressure Drop – Does not impede the flow or waste energy.
- No Moving Parts – Eliminates costly bearing replacements and prevents undetected accuracy shifts.
- Ease of installation with convenient mounting hardware.
Sage First-to-Market Benefits:
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity permits remote programming, which is exceptionally beneficial for changing the settings of hard-to-reach integral-style meters (optional).
- Due to the Sage Digital Hybrid Circuit, all Sage meters offer no drift and improved performance, resolution, and reproducibility.
- An easy-to-use Sage In-Situ Calibration Verification validates that the sensor is clean, and the meter remains in calibration and functions correctly without removing it from service, saving time and money from annual calibrations.
Other Benefits of Sage Paramount:
- SageCom™ Validation & Configuration software is included to deliver the full strength of the meter.
- Inline meters have built-in flow conditioning to reduce the straight-run requirements, while Captive Flow Conditioners assist with insertion-style meters.
- Sage meters meet EPA regulations for greenhouse gas reporting and quantifying carbon credits protocols.
- For meters in its class, Sage meters have the lowest power dissipation on the market (e.g., under 100 mA at 24VDC).
- Isolated 4-20 mA output and pulsed output of the totalized flow
- Modbus® compliant RS485 RTU communications (HART™ optional)
- A separate USB communication channel and mini-USB permit independent connection with SageCom without disrupting MODBUS output.
- High-contrast photo-emissive OLED display with flow rate, total, and temperature, with a graphical flow indicator
- Calibration milliwatts (mW) continuously show on the meter’s display, providing ongoing diagnostic data.
- The remote style has lead-length compensation permitting the electronics up to 1000 feet from the probe.
- CL I Div 2 (with CL I Div 1 optional) is the standard hazardous area classification, and the meter enclosure is rated NEMA 4X.
- A 1/2” diameter probe is standard (rugged 3/4” optional), with a sensor with a double seal (for insertion style).
- Bluetooth communication between the meter and SageCom is optional.
- Ethernet communication between the meter and SageCom (24 VDC operating power only) is optional.