This blog is part one of a series on the use of thermal mass flow meters to measure gas mass in diverse applications. In this blog, we answer the question, what six industrial facilities use thermal mass flow meters?
Facility Types Using Thermal Mass Flow Meters
Thermal mass flow meters are used in any facility that moves large volumes of air and other gases in a manufacturing process. Any production process that uses furnaces to raise the temperature of a product, to cure a product, or to dry a product will need the movement of air or gas in the process.
Here is an overview of where thermal mass flow meters are used:
- Producers of steel, brick, wood, glass, fiberglass, and others use many different gases. [the steel industry uses several different types of gas (argon, oxygen, nitrogen, natural gas), the other listed industries will primarily use natural gas.
- Manufactures of food and beverages; beer, wine, snacks, dairy, packaged foods, pre-prepared foods, and others, use large amounts of air to move product, run machines and furnaces to raise temperatures to cure foods, dry foods and cook.
- In water and wastewater treatment facilities, large amounts of air to oxygenate the aeration basins.
- In chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum refining, including the discovery, processing, and transportation of natural gas, gasoline, and many other products produced from base chemicals, vast amounts of air and gases are used in the manufacturing processes.
- The pharmaceutical, life sciences, and biotech industries use gas and air in production and research.
How can we help you?
In subsequent posts, we will explore each of these areas and how thermal mass flow meters can be employed to optimize efficiency, save money, improve product quality, decrease harmful emissions, maintain system balance, combustion optimization, or provide leak detection.
In part two of this series, we address seven ways thermal mass flow meters can assist manufacturers using compressed air, as well as compressor manufacturers and distributors.
If there is anything we can help you with, please message us.