At Sage Metering, we require a Return Material Authorization (RMA) for each thermal mass flow meter returned to the factory for service. This simple procedure helps us track the progress of the transaction. Here are three options to return your Sage flowmeter for service at Sage Metering.

How do I get my Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number?

RMA number to return my Sage mass flow meter for service?
You need an RMA number to return your Sage thermal mass flow meter for service. Here are three options, online, by phone, or call your Sage representative.

Get it Online

  1. Go to
  2. Fill out the RMA Request Form by selecting Return Authorization under Sales, Service, and RMA. Make sure you specify the meter’s serial number, model #, and the service needed.
  3. A Sage Metering representative will email you with an RMA number and an RMA Return form with instructions for returning the meter.
  4. Fill out the RMA Return form, follow the packaging and shipping instructions, and include the completed form with the meter. If you do not want the meter shipped via UPS, notate it on the RMA form.

Call Sage

If you cannot initiate this process online, you are always welcome to call us at 866-677-7243 or email If this is the case, fill out the RMA Return form (download from above) and write-in the RMA number that Sage gives you on the completed form.

Call your Sage Representative

Alternatively, call your Sage Representative, and they’ll be happy to assist you.

FAQ – What is the lead time for a flowmeter?